Main purpose of the role
To enable the Ramblers and the Worcester Group to grow by attracting new members.
- An interest in walking and enthusiasm for promoting the charitable aims of the Ramblers.
- Effective communication skills and good organisation.
- Computer literate, comfortable with the internet and word-processing.
To promote the Worcester Ramblers group and its activities to non-members by continuously inputting and monitoring our walks programme data in various local media publications.
- Worcester News Online What’s On listings
- Task: Involves uploading walks descriptions and picture to Worcester News database (Approx. half an hour a week)
- All About Malvern and All About Worcester Magazine listing online
- Involves uploading walks descriptions and picture of Malvern walks to the database (Approx half an hour a week to do both All Abouts)
- Worcestershire Now Magazine listing online
- Involves uploading walks descriptions walks to the database (Approx half an hour a week)
- The Worcestershire Grapevine Magazine (Previously known as ‘The Villager’)
- Task is to send in monthly walks description by email to catch the editorial deadline.
- Ensuring that the Ramblers logo and our Group name are included in the title for all entries within the above media.
See the links for the websites.
Estimated Time Commitment
- Up to two hours per week that can easily be scheduled to fit around other time demands.
- Full initial training will be provided